Welcome to our blog

We both live at Simpsons Gap in the West Macdonnell National Park, Central Australia, the best spot in the NT! Our blog is for friends and family to see how we are going, and to share in what we have been up to throughout the year. Please leave us a comment, and we hope you enjoy!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Red Kangaroo, NT. (1/640, F5.3)
Goodmorning,
I thought I might use this site to post some random photos that I've taken over time, hopefully I might get some comment on them also - constructive and positive, both are welcome! I'm trying to get better at taking photos, and the first step I took was to buy an expensive digital SLR. As Dave Ashworth (good mate, and great photographer!) knows, it lets you really experiement with exposure and aperture, along with a few other tricks. This photo of a red kangaroo was taken with a 300mm zoom lens, and I deliberately used it to help blurr the background, therefore hiding the fact that it was taken within a fenced pen. I think it worked out ok!
Anyway, have a great Anzac Day,
Phil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice photo's Phil! Quite inspiring, even though the roo was fenced in. Thanks for leaving the camera settings. -D